01 July 2013

Homage To A Precious and Treasured Friend



Zira "The Wonder Dog"
6.24.2001 ~ 07.01.2013


Was there ever such a perfect friend and dog as Zira? 

That is a matter of perspective. 

From my perspective.....the answer is no. 

From your perspective, I'm pretty sure a different answer. We each have our perfect and loveable pets don't we? God created pets for us, for our pleasure. But I think their purpose is always teachable. 

GOD! 
What have I learned in the last 12 years I have spent under the tutorial of beautiful Zira? 

1. To put others above yourself. 
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others.  Phil 2:3-4 

Only Bob and I can understand this since we spent just about every day and night for the last 12 years with this girl. She was the example of this verse. Even if she was drinking water, living in a house with 4 dogs inevitably one would come up and shove her out of the way to drink water or eat what was being offered, or lay in a bed she was in. She NEVER put up a fuss, reacted or showed anything but lowliness in her response. She just humbly moved away and found a place to rest of her own. 

2. To Slow Down
Zira had an even pace, a gentle glide through life. She never seemed to worry about tomorrow. She was never in a hurry. 

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.  Matt 6:33-34

This girl never worried about a thing. She knew I would come home, feed her, love her, provide water and a walk for her. Her necessary things. An in addition I would love her, and give her extras. Whether they be combings, extra walks, or just time spent together. 

3. Kindness
I would be remiss of her if I failed in touching on her kindness. 

Give to everyone who asks you....Luke 4:30

If she would not come when I called her, I found her crouched over a wounded bird, looking back to me ask if to say "How can you help this wee one?" 
She was the kindest of all I knew, canine or human.


In light of these three topics, how could you change your life?

Was her existence just a chance happening? 


I loved her from the very start....... 6 wks

As you may remember (or not) she was listed amongst my Sisters In Christ I was thankful for and for good reason. 


I would be remiss if I did not include MY GIRL. Although not technically a "Sister in Christ" I can't leave her out. We have 4 dogs, and I love them all, my darling Zira is My Girl and my favorite. She has been my closest and constant companion for last 11.5 years. She is tender, compassionate, and teaches me it's ok to let others go first. She has been such a good friend to me. I love how she is satisfied to simply be with me, wherever I am. Every morning, she gets up on the couch while I read the Bible and rests her head on my knees. She is such a comforting friend to me, and teaches me to sit quietly. I love her and I am thankful God gave her to me.  

http://thechroniclesofddl.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-heart-givings-thanks-for-many.html



Here we are on our last day together - reading God's awesome Word together as we have done every morning for the last 12 years....


I would not leave her out of it. Although she could not raise herself to come to me, I went to her. We enjoyed our time together. 



This was the last photo taken of me with my girl, right before she went to be with her Creator. She was My Darling to the end. She went bravely and peacefully which was according to her nature. 


She was the best friend I ever had. She never judged me, never put me down, never cursed God, never raised a hand against me.....she just loved me as I was....with all my faults and failures.......
she just love me.


Thank You Lord for the gift of Zira! Thank you for the example she was to me for 12 years. Let me be more like her in kindness, and gentleness and lowliness. 

I hope to see you again my dearest furry friend! 
My hope Zira, is that you are running on the meadows of heaven with your Creator. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laura...Zira. I'm sad, but joyful to know what a joy Zira was to you and Bob and to all that knew her and even more affirmed to the fact that you and Bob were a pure blessing to Zira- God's sweet creation made just for your pleasure. What a wonderfully sweet and blessed tribute to Zira.
    Love and prayers always,
    Your SIC Jalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister! Thank you for your loving words. God is good and He is the Creator of all. We have so many fond memories of Sun River with Zira and The Crums. She was such a blessing!
    Love you friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zira was such a sweet girl and I'm thankful we got to meet her. I love that in telling us what a blessing she was you showed what a blessing you were to Zira. God knew when he put you two together how wonderful it would be. Sending prayers...xo

    ReplyDelete